Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back to School!

Where did this summer go to?   Gosh it's already time for back to school.  Thank goodness I took an early retirement or I wouldn't be sitting here coloring!  Yes I did work at the Elementary School.  Do I miss working.........Well Heck NO!  I'd rather be home learning all this card making stuff!!!  Thanks to all of you in Blog Land!  So after I cut grass most of the day yesterday and cleaned all of my outside windows, I got to have some me time today.  So here's what I did:


 I've had  this Spellbinders layered Scalloped Posy by Heartfelt Creations for some time.  The doors are also stamps by Heartfelt Creations.  After I constructed the tri-fold card with the doors I looked for some stamps to use.  Gee I didn't have to  look very far because these stamps came in my mail just a few days ago.  I love this stuff!!!!!  It's like Christmas at my house year around!!  Praise the Lord!

I bet you're wondering what I did for the inside.  Well here you go......
.

Pretty Nice classroom you don't ya think???
Since it was such a gorgeous day outside I took a few pics just to show what a difference  it makes taking pics outside

and
Opp! No you're not imaging things.  I did change the sign on the door because this one looked a little crooked.  I think I should start studying penmanship.
This was an extremely fun card to make and such an enjoyable day.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Magnolia Autumn Tilda w/Pencils, Editor Tilda and School Desk. ( I got my Magnolia stamps from StampingScrapping.com)  Heartfelt Creations Vintage Doors HCPC 3440 ( Probably available at DutchPaperCrafts) Email Darlene and inquire!
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Layered Scalloped Posy, Blossoms Tags & Accents
Punch: Fiskars Jester ( I altered)
Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug Argyle and Tim Holtz Burlap
all coloring done with Copic markers and Tim Holtz Distress inks.  Glossy Accents also used
I Thank each and everyone of you for visiting my blog.  Have a great day and "Happy Crafting!" 
Reminder if you haven't signed up for my blog candy please make sure you do before it's too late. 

Challenges Entered:
Magnolia-licious
StampingScrappingChallengeCentral

31 comments:

  1. I want to study at this school, really beautifull and creative!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....this is totally awesome!!!! Such a gorgeous Tilda, colored magnificently! Love, love that awesome door and the inside of your card is spectacular! Beautiful job, Cathylynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful and makes one want to return to school. You have done another fantastic job. I am always excited to see your creations as they are so inspiring !!! What a mind you have :)
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Schizoli Cathy! Way to move the bar from "high" to "not-even-with-a-ten-foot-ladder!" This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Cathy this is awesome. Love all the details and your coloring. Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Amazing! I loved the front design work and then you opened it.....whoooooo spectacular.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing project Cathy!!Love the doors, the classroom and your coloring !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome creation CathyLynn. Fabulous design and coloring. Love it.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! I love it! Your images and the design are great!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun back to school card, so cute.
    Blessings Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Cathy, your card is most wonderful! may I be a student at your school? pleassssssssssse!!! I love your layout, sooo imaginative. and the inside is fabulous ! your coloring of both tildas is totally awesome. A totally gorgeous creations my dear! As Rene said, way to move the bar very very high! LOL. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great back to school card! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cathy, this is darling. Love the gate fold design with your Tildas. Lovely coloring and cute chalkboard sentiments inside.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an AWESOME card! I L-O-V-E it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG Cathy, this is fabulous. Love the school scenes you've created, both inside and outside. These 2 Tilda's just goes together and beautifully coloured. Terrific design. I love it!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cathy what a SWEET card you have made ... I have that desk & have been wanting to use it & what an inspiration you are ... I LOVE all things Tilda !!! Terrific little creation.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your so talented! I love your tri-fold card. Both Tilda's are darling and everything is colored beautifully! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are waaay too young to retire! But you deserve to make cards all day and enjoy your life! Me too! So I love your card and the doors and the way it open, just adorable and now I want them. I really like how you created the school themed classroom with the Maggies and this card design, great job! Have a wonderful peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card!!! I love how you used the doors!! Great (as usual). Keep the inspiration coming...love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous Cathy-Lynn! Waxing nostalgic here but this reminds me of the grade school I went to. BIG open halls... black chalkboards etc... I had some awesome teachers too. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute is this card!!!!! Very unique and inventive idea. Love the school theme. Isn't this fun, Cathy?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous, I love that pretty doily and the wonderful scene you've created, very sweet
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just lovely! I love the inside as much as the outside. Great coloring and love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cathylynn, I adore your card and your coloring of Tilda and your layout with the lovely doors to the school.. and the inside with Tilda at her desk ready to teach.. just gorgeous. A perfect card!
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow cathylynn your creations are just over the top!!!! How stunning this card is!!!!! Amazing desig!!!! This is really excellent craftmanship!!!!! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Cathylynn, your card is so adorable inside and out! What a wonderful school scene you have created with the beautifully colored Tilda and the wonderful die cuts! Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cathy-Lynn, your classroom entry and classroom are perfection!! I love the beautiful doors you created and the arch overhead is yummy!!
    Miss Tilda at her desk is the picture of a 'ready to go' teacher!!
    The whole project is amazing! Thanks for joining in on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Cathy-Lynn
    I just found your blog, I love your cards, this is very special.
    I will follow you with pleasure
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another perfectly wonderful card -- Oh Cathy - as you can tell - I am so far behind. I am sitting here exhausted trying so hard to catch up but I think it will be an impossibility!! I love every jot and tittle you do sweet thing!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute and beautiful card folds on this Tilda card. Fun school theme :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

I would like to say Thank You for visiting and leaving any comments. It makes my day to hear from you!